Our family came across this beautiful definition of a WARRIOR and thought it would be perfectly fitting to share here with the Running for Rare Disease Warrior team, and the Warrior’s they are running for.
For YOU, the 30 million American’s battling Rare Disease that are all true Warrior’s. For YOU our son, Warrior Wylder James who battled Niemann Pick A Disease and who followed this code of honor with all his being. For YOU the Running for Rare Disease team, reminding us all “alone we are rare … together we are strong”.
Warrior Code of Honor
Francis Kealoha Kamakawiwo’ole Jr (aka “The Big Blalah”)
- A true Warrior honors his Mother, Father, and Family.
- A true Warrior does not participate in things that would bring shame upon his family’s name.
- A true Warrior will Protect and Serve his family and community.
- A true Warrior will stand tall & proud, yet still be humble.
- A true Warrior respects those who have authority over them.
- A true Warrior stands for Respect, Honor, and Pride.
- A true Warrior is responsible to set an example of Goodness & Pride for those that follow him.
- A true Warrior competes in fairness and works hard to bring Honor and Pride upon his family, family’s name, the Society, and his community.
- A true Warrior will put others ahead of himself.
- A true Warrior strives not only for Physical Strength but also Spiritual Strength
Aloha, and happy running Warrior’s!! xoxo Laffoon family (www.wylderjames.com)
Warrior Code Of Honor
Posted in Patient Stories